IGB Sports FUNdamental League
Join us for the IGB Sports FUNdamental Flag Football League
- Rising pre K-6th graders (Open to Boys and Girls)
- THIS IS A FUN, EMPOWERING, FUNDAMENTAL LEAGUE
- 6 games/ 7 practice sessions. Week 1 will be for team organization and practice
- Fall Season Sept – Nov
- Spring Season Feb – May
- Practices/Games are on Saturdays only. The teams Practice for 1 hour before each 1 hour game. Total of 2 hr commitment per Saturday.
- Every team member will play
- Coaches will go through training on Expectations, Fundamentals, Delivery
- $100 per player. Players are given Game/Practice Jersey
- Space is limited. Each team to consist of max 12 players
Why IGB FUN League?
In current sports culture, coaches ask young children to do things without explanation or PROPER demonstration. When kids are not performing as expected of the sport or play, many children are yelled at or chastised. In turn, they do not enjoy the game and quit; this results in kids not reaching their full potential. Kids in these scenarios lack the coaching and the proper fundamental techniques to be successful. Before their coaches ask kids to get competitive, we want players to learn the FUNdamentals of a particular sport in a setting that gets them excited about learning and playing. While being the first to admit winning is important, having the proper foundation is equally as important.
What is IGB FUN League?
As we have grown the IGB program for the last 14 years, we realized that our programming and experiences have helped children grow and develop in many areas of life. Our interactions with the children and parents have driven IGB to take our programming into other facets of a child’s life. We are adding sports programming for children pre-K through 5th grade. We want to offer a sports program that allows children to grow in self-actualization, self-perception, self-empowerment, and self-awareness, all while learning the FUNdamentals of a sport. Our main goal with the IGB sports league is to allow children to grow and have FUN while learning the FUNdamentals of a game. We will begin this fall by offering flag football, and as our program expands, we will provide other types of sports. Each week we will empower the players and encourage FUN while teaching the FUNdamentals of sports.